We look forward to practicing with you at Sunshine Yoga, we appreciate you taking the time to read through this page beforehand so that you are familiar with our studio etiquette and policies. Thank you.
Etiquette To creatE A SACRED SPACE:
*BE ON TIME
Please try to arrive at least 5 minutes early to get necessary props and settled in. Doors will be locked when class starts so that others are not disrupted during practice. Doors open 15 minutes prior to each class.
*TURN OFF YOUR PHONE & TAKE OFF YOUR SMART WATCHES
Please turn your phone on silent, not vibrate, so that class is not disturbed, AND leave them out of the studio please, lounge room only. Or even better…don’t bring it at all!
*REMOVE YOUR SHOES
Shoes represent the physical world and as you know can be very dirty. Before entering the studio, follow in the ritual of taking your shoes off at the double swinging doors in preparation for moving beyond the physical and into a pure/clean space.
*QUIETLY ARRIVE ON YOUR MAT
It’s Red Lodge and everyone knows everyone, which is an amazing part of our community!...But please respect this space as a time for everyone to unwind and detach from what’s going on in our everyday lives. As you enter the studio area please quietly get your mat and props set up. Until class begins you may lie or sit quietly, do some gentle warming up, or simply begin a meditation practice that may deepen your intention for your personal practice.
This final rest is an extremely important part of any Yoga practice. However, if you have to leave before the end of class please quietly do so BEFORE savasana.
Here at Sunshine our last moments together matter, this is a time to collectively close the practice and move forward into our daily activities with purpose, connection, renewal and to honor the Spiritual practice of Yoga from the inside out.
Thank you, NAMASTÉ
POlicies to cultivate a supportive yoga community:
- Pre-registration is REQUIRED for all classes. - NO exceptions. We promise its easy!
- We ask this of our students because we live in a small active town where classes can be full one day and empty the next. This allows are teachers to plan accordingly.
- Minimum attendance for classes.
- Classes with less than 3 students pre-registered are subject to cancellation. Saturday classes in the summer require a minimum of 5 students. (see next point for more info). If class is cancelled you will be notified via email and or phone.
- Registration requirements:
- *Class registration: at least 1 hour before class.
- *Saturday morning 9 am class: at leas 24 hours ahead.
- This new policy is due to past classes being very “hit or miss” in the summertime. Everyone is busy being outside in this beautiful place we live and that's why we live here too! This gives us the opportunity to plan a weekend camping trip, take a backpacking trip, and just have some “us” time too! We appreciate your understanding!
- How to register for class.
- Click the "Book" button next to the class you'd like to register for from the schedule listed below.
- Simply enter in a name, email and password.
- Be sure to use the email & phone number where we can best reach you in case of any class changes or cancellations.
- If virtual options are available for that class you will be asked whether you are joining in "studio" or "virtually"
- If your plans change.
- If you cannot make it to class please remember to cancel yourself from class at least 1 hour prior to class, otherwise a class credit will be deducted from your account.
- Classes are limited to 15 students + the instructor.
- If class is full you can sign up for the waitlist, you will be notified via email if moved into an open spot.
- Studio door opens 15 minutes prior to class.
- Thank you for your patience!
- Virtual classes, have Zoom downloaded on your device and wait to receive your email invite within 30 minutes of class.
- The teacher will let you in 5-10 minutes before class begins.
- If you are not feeling well in ANY way please stay home for the health & wellness of all!